All of these rules extend to any element of the games community including in the game, on forums, in discord, and any other RetroQuest related medium.
We expect players to conduct themselves according to the following values:
- Compassion: treat others as you would be treated.
- Integrity: be honest.
- Respect: show respect to all other humans.
Players must not engage in harassment or hate speech in any form. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Hate speech, offensive behavior, or verbal abuse related to sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disability, physical appearance, body size, age, or religion.
- Stalking or intimidation (physically or online).
- Spamming, raiding, hijacking, or inciting disruption of streams or social media.
- Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information (“doxing”).
- Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, unwelcome sexualized comments, jokes, and sexual advances.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- The attempt to deceive admins or other players with wrong or fake statements, information or data will not be tolerated.
- All forms of cheating are forbidden and will be penalized. Should it become known to the administrators that any form of cheating was used to the advantage of a player, group or raid, the admin, GM or guide reserves the right to punish them to the full extent of the rules available. By breaking any rule a player risks being banned or suspended.
- Contributing to the distribution of cheats in any way is not allowed.
- GINA and GAMParse are approved log monitoring tools and are not considered cheating.
Accounts / Boxing:
- Each player can have as many accounts as they want.
- A player may only have 2 characters logged in at the same time. The exception to this is for buffing or porting in the hub only. The character giving the buffs must not leave the hub. If a character is used for porting they must return directly to the hub after the port. Abuse of this exception may cause admins to revoke it.
- No camp stealing
- No purposefully training or purposely causing an adverse affect on a player(s).
- Raid encounters are first come first serve when a reasonable amount of players have shown up for the encounter which must be greater than or equal to 12 players. As long as at least 12 players remain at the encounter another raid party may not steamroll them. If this is abused and being used to block targets for an unreasonable amount of time this would be considered causing a purposefully adverse affect on players and will be reviewed with perpetrators potentially facing punishment depending on the severity.
- Guild raiding schedules and contested encounters should be negotiated by the guilds involved, not by admins, guides, or GM's.
- If an encounter is highly contested request an instance be setup for it.
- Be respectful to admins, devs, guides and GM's.
- Be respectful regarding changes to the game, this may include changes to items, skills, events, encounters, npc's, quests, spells etc.